Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Happy New Year!

Of all the holidays there are, I think I am most ill-suited to New Year's Eve. Why, you ask? Well, I hate crowds, I can no longer have more than two drinks without getting hung over, and staying up past 10pm is a big deal for me these days. That, and I really dislike television specials consisting of Pop-Stars I don't know, or that I do know and hate.

That said, I had a wonderful time.

This is the street my parents live on, not too far from, nor too close to, Times Square.


This is what it looked like at night.



It was cold. It was raining. The only reason the crowd stops there is because there is a street. The crowd picks up the next block.

But we were inside, where it was warm. There was wine. There was a fabulous dinner.


There was fabulous entertainment.


And I stayed awake to ring in the new year, as grumpy and sleepy as I may have been.
.

2 comments:

g. fox said...

You are valiant and brave! I wish I could have been there for the tiny chicken massacre!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Oy! Those little hens look burned! Kill the cook! Kill the cook!