Friday, January 08, 2010

If You Want To Destroy My Sweater...

Tonight, as I was reading stories to the boys, Andrew was acting more tired than usual. I thought he might fall asleep, and I was letting him half climb / half roll on my lap.

And then, from out of nowhere, he threw up.

He managed no to get any on him - not on his face, or his PJ's. And nothing got on the bedding, or the rug. In fact, it was all contained neatly on my sweater.

I really, really like that sweater. It's not new. In fact, it's got to be ten or twelve years old by now. But it's warm, and big, and has pockets all the way around the bottom, even around back. And now... now I put it in the washer for a rinse because I couldn't think of anything else to DO. I really hope it makes it through without getting ruined. Although I can't imagine wearing it without... remembering.

I think Andy's OK. I'm hoping it was one of those freak things and didn't have anything to do with the fact that he didn't eat a thing for dinner. Because I'm tired, and I really want to go to sleep, and not spend all night changing bed linen, cleaning up puke, or dealing with sick little boys.

1 comment:

Debs said...

Hope you get some sleep.
Just wanted to say hello, I'm back and I've been catching up on your blog - I missed reading it!
I've even been blogging a bit myself. Hopefully I'm back in the swing of that.