Thursday, January 07, 2010

How Others See Me


I don't often post pictures of myself. This is because I don't often TAKE pictures of myself. Usually, I'm the one with the camera. And I don't often see myself unless I'm looking at my own reflection. And it's not at all the same thing, is it? I mean, when I look in the mirror I'm usually inspecting my skin, or my teeth, or my hair. But even if I'm just looking to see how something fits, I have on my "Mirror Face." Which means that, even if I don't want to, my facial expression is going to look a certain way.

Steve took this picture of me secretly, and then emailed it to me. Isn't it awful? I mean, one look and I've decided never to wear that T-shirt again, or those jeans, and also to go on a diet and loose 40 pounds, or at least the muffin top. And to sit up straight, and start putting on make-up, even if I am just lounging around stupidly staring at a computer, because you never know when SOMEone is going to be sneaky and take your picture. Also, to never use a computer again - seriously? Do I look that vapid and duh-duh when I'm typing on a computer? From now on, I'll only use my computer when I'm alone. Like, when I'm sitting on my closet floor.

That said, I was playing a video game when Steve took this picture. One that I can't play on my own computer. Which is good, because I liked the game. And it would take over my life.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Stop right there! In 10 years you will look at that picture & wish you looked like that! Ask me how I know. Go ahead, ask me.

I love you, Fleen & wish I looked like you.

g. fox said...

Seriously, woman. Shut the eff up. That isn't muffin top, it's your hip. You look great. You don't need to lose any weight and you don't have to wear make-up- least of all when playing video games.

I think you are perfectly glamorous.