Sunday, January 03, 2010

New York State Of Mind

We're back from New York.

On the way home, Steve mentioned that it was probably the longest we've ever stayed as a family - four nights. And he may be right. But in all the time we were there, I left the apartment only once. (I don't count the time I went to the store - I didn't even cross the street.)

I was sick on this trip - my cold came back full force and I was dopey on cold meds the entire time. It was kind of nice, actually. Usually I'm dragging the kids around to go places and do things, but this time we just spent too much time watching TV and talking and just doing nothing.

Which isn't to say we did nothing. We had Christmas, part 2, where I realized my gift giving skills need brushing up, and where we all got many wonderful presents. We are so lucky. I got to see Heather, a friend from high school, and that was really nice. My parents took us all to The Big Apple Circus, featuring Bello Nock of the gravity defying hair. Linda and her friend Penny made us a wonderful New Year's Even dinner of roast cornish game hens, couscous, and an arugala and goat cheese salad. I drank too much wine (not that much) and sang while Winston and my dad played piano. And the next day the boys went to see Fantastic Mr. Fox with Anne-E and Jamie.

And now we're back. I have a list a mile long of things I need to do, and we're all very excited to get back to our routines. Well, at least I am, and Andrew. That's at least two of us.

Photos to follow.

No comments: