Saturday, April 09, 2011

Bike Rider

The weather has been so great these past couple of days that Nathan wanted to go out and ride his bike.

The thing is, I had accidentally run over the training wheel with the car. It was bent in such a way that the back wheel was off the ground, and no matter how fast Nate pedaled, the bike was stationary.

So I took the training wheels off. "I'll teach you how to ride without them," I said. And I pictured the rest of the morning being spent running up and down the driveway, encouraging and shouting and teaching Nate how to balance and pedal at the same time.

Ten minutes later.... see for yourself.



Now, you must understand that this posed some issues. See, Nathan learned to ride his two-wheeler in two minutes. But Nick hadn't learned yet.

By younger brother learned how to ride a bike before I did. He was five. I pretended it didn't bother me, but it did. Not enough to teach myself, mind you. My mother finally had to drag me out of the house and onto a bike. I think I was fifteen or something.

I thought this would be the same thing. I am aware that Nick and Nate have different strengths. I thought Nick's first reaction would be to panic. And then he would fall, and then maybe we would be able to coax him back onto his bike before next fall.

But when Nick came home he was very excited. And within a few minutes he was also zooming around the driveway.

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hooray! Hooray! Nick & Nate, go, go, go!!!

g. fox said...

what lovely brothers they are!

Jamie said...

My computer won't let me watch the clip! Boo. I'm looking forward to seeing this soon. Congrats Nick and Nate!