Monday, April 18, 2011

Sneakers

A few weeks ago we took the boys to the mall to buy new shoes.

We do this every once and awhile, mostly when I realize that someone has holes in the toes or can has worn out the velcro-fastening.

I can't go into a lot of detail about what happened that day, but I will say that Nate and Andrew ended up with new sneakers and new sandals, and Nick did not.

Nick then spent the next 3 weeks with only one pair of shoes, which he had to wear all of the time.

Finally, with Tee-ball starting, I realized he needed a new pair of sneakers.I gritted my teeth, explained to him exactly how the shopping trip was going to go down (I choose! Me! The Mom!) and told him he could choose sandals if he was good.

The big news, folks, is that Nicholas is finally wearing sneakers that tie! He has finally let go of the velcro and has a nice pair of Saucony sneaks. With laces.

Now I just have to teach him how to tie them.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Big boy sneakers!! Congratulations, Nick!! Now take the bunny around the tree & down the hole...& voila! tied shoes!!

PS Congrats to you too, Mommy! You found the way to separate Nick from his favourite old sneakers!!