Friday, April 15, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

I do most of my blogging on Saturday mornings.

Picture this: Saturday morning. Most normal people are sleeping. But my kids are in their PJ's and watching Transformers on TV. I am awake, but in my bathrobe, snuggled on the couch, and creating a post for each day of the upcoming week. Some weeks I don't have enough to fill seven spots, so I end up skipping days, or hoping something interesting happens to fill the void later in the week.

Last week, I got as far as Thursday. What this means is, although the post about Nick getting sick was yesterday morning for YOU, it actually happened on Friday night and into Saturday morning. But after that I had nothing to write for Friday's blog post.

Lucky for you, Readers, I found something to write about on Wednesday night and into the wee hours of Thursday morning.

See, Andy got sick right after supper on Wednesday, five days after Nick. And then, at 11pm, Nathan followed suit.

Actually, Nate became quite ill. While Andy was sleeping peacefully in his own bed, Nate kept getting sick all night long. While I settled into the guest bedroom with him, I remained convinced I would be getting up at 5:15 for my morning run and yoga. At about 3:30am I realized this was not going to happen. Even though I am not the sick one, I would be sufficiently sleep deprived as to make a run almost impossible.

Also, what if Nate kept getting sick while I decided to run a quick 5k? That wouldn't be fair to anyone.

Also, at 6:15, I was more tired than anyone on the planet.

As it is, I have suspended the rules for today. I am too tired. Instead of showering, I am in my PJ's and will go out with Nick in my PJ's to wait for the bus. I don't care what the neighbors say. Nate and Andy do not have to get dressed even though they seem bright and chipper this morning, and are in there arguing over who get which hot wheels car. I am also going to let them watch TV this morning. While I catch up on laundry and change every single bed sheet in the house. And disinfect the bathrooms. And all that kind of stuff.

So, to sum up: I thought we got away with only 1 kid getting sick. I was wrong. Also, it's Friday for you, Thursday for me. Also, I didn't get enough sleep last night. That is all. I'll see you on Saturday.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That totally sucks, and I'm so sorry. Hang in there and I hope you're getting some shut eye now.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, noooo! I am so sorry. I hope you can find some time to catch up on some of the sleep you missed.