Sunday, April 03, 2011

Sick Again Again

I am sick again.

I've had a tough couple of months, in that respect. This time, it's my throat. It hurts.

Not terribly. Not all the time. But enough to make me grumpy. Also, my head hurts and I'm tired.

I feel well enough to go about my day. I get up, I take the kids places, all that fun stuff.

But at 5:15, when my alarm goes off, I can't get out of bed to run. I have been hitting snooze and finally turning the alarm off completely. In my half-sleep state, I think this will make me feel better. But as the day goes on and the pain wears off to a dull scratchy ache, and I find myself eating slices of toast to give me something to do, I really start missing my morning activity.

This transformation is the one I never thought could take place. I am itching to exercise. I need to run. I need to work up a sweat, and when I don't I get grumpy and restless. Even having a cold or a... whatever this is doesn't make that need go away completely.

Tomorrow I'll run no matter what! Unless, of course, I get worse...

1 comment:

g. fox said...

feel better, lady! xo