Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Shower

I went to a baby shower.

It's been ages since I've been to a baby shower. A dear friend from college and her wonderful wonderful husband are expecting a baby girl this summer. The shower was a gathering of people I haven't seen in years, and it was wonderful. The mother of the mom-to-be is Sue, from Susan's Losin'. And I got to see her, and she looks fabulous, I have to say. An inspiration for anyone who thinks they can't shed pounds.

Also, baby girls are wonderful. I mean, I guess that, as far as infants go, they are pretty much the same as baby boys. But the stuff that goes along with a baby girl is all pink. The pink these days is off-set with brown, and it's just so, so... I don't know. I just got the impression, sitting there and watching baby stuff pile up in the corner, that I could smell that milky baby smell and see that newborn squishiness, like before the baby fills out, and the skin is still all loose and wrinkly, and they just sleep and try to open their eyes and yawn, and they cry like little meowing kittens...

Not that I'm.... you know. I just love little babies. In the daytime. When I'm not sleeping all night and doing things that take longer than fifteen minutes.

But still... pink! It was fun to buy pink.

2 comments:

g. fox said...

uhhuh... mm hmm... :)

Susan's Losin' said...

Thanks, Kathleen. It was wonderful seeing you, looking so beautiful! And a granddaughter is very pleasing to us since we have the three grandsons! Pink is good!