Sunday, May 01, 2011

We Were In New York

We went to New York.

It was a visit to my family, but everyone was working a bunch, including Steve, so I had the chance to take the kids out and do things. It was just us, and it was kind of nice. It's good to have company, and I always appreciate help with the boys, but it was refreshing to be out and about and not to have to worry that I was making anyone late for anything, or dragging someone along against their will. Other than my own kids.

I plan on detailing the trip day by day in photos and anecdotes. Be aware.

Day 1: we drive down.

It was just me and the kids, as Steve had to work. We left in the morning, and we made good time. But not good enough, apparently, for Nathan, who began asking if we were in New York before we had left Massachusetts. He asked every ten minutes. Until we got there. Not joking.

We also stopped at the Big McDonalds, which we had never been to before, due to the fact that it is off the highway. We came upon the exit at about 11:30 when I really needed to use the rest room, and I then had to let the kids climb up a three story structure and crawl along giant hamster tubes on the ceiling for 20 minutes. The kids loved it. They asked if we could go back.

And then I took the kids to the playground in Central Park. And it was HOT! It was so nice.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I love that picture! The brudders all together!