Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day - The Aftermath

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend.

Saturday, I went to New York with Lillian, and her sister Nancy, and Nancy's daughter (Steve's cousin - are you keeping up?) Alicia.

Alicia planned this trip to New York to visit the Van Cleef & Arpels exhibit at the Cooper-Hewitt Museum. She thought it up weeks and weeks ago, and I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but then, as we got closer, it looked like it was happening! And then it did.

We took a train to Penn Station early in the morning. Four hours and change later, we were in New York. The time on the train was spent reading, chatting, playing cards, playing video games (me! OK it was me!) and looking out the window. It was NOT spent changing lanes, stopping to use the bathroom, or wondering if the other way would have had less traffic.

And then we were in New York. We saw a lovely exhibit - worth seeing, I thought, especially the little cigarette cases and what-nots - and did a lot of walking. We saw my parents for five minutes, and then had a great dinner and hopped on a train home.

This was such a great day in New York. It somehow made it feel a lot closer than it had before. I could make a day trip to see my parents! How wonderful! How magical! Maybe more expensive, but whatever.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Steve' woke up with the kids. We sang a song at church that I love and always makes me cry (note - not this version,a choir version, but it is the same song.) Lillian came over and Steve made a roast and we had lunch and ice-cream cake. He folded laundry. He gave the kids a bath. I got to do whatever I wanted, which was to drink wine and comment on people's facebook status. Stati? Whatever. I don't think I said anything inappropriate.

I am such a lucky lady.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Happy Mother's Day, Fleen!