Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blogger Goes Down, Deletes Andy's Announcement

So... Blogger kind of sucked over the past few days. It went down. I guess all sites are obligated to go down every once and awhile. Nothing works perfectly.

But I had updated some posts, and in the hiccup, one post was published at a later date but not edited, and the other was simply not published at all, even though it was "scheduled" to be published on Thursday...

It was all kind of irritating to me because, for once, I had something to say. As most of you know by now, Andrew fractured his clavicle. Or broke his collarbone. Whichever. He fell off a park bench at a T-ball game. He needs all kinds of attention and extra help now, getting dressed, brushing teeth, using the bathroom. I never realized how much he used both arms to climb into chairs. The last few days have been emotional and sad and really frustrating.

I do have to say, though, that people have been great. Not only have people sent Andy things, reached out to me wishing him a speedy recovery, but some folks on facebook have actually given me some good advice, sent along wishes, etc. It's like having a cheering section in life. Their messages don't help in a tangible way, but they sure make me feel better, and then I'm better able to help Andy brush his teeth and explain to him why he can't ride his scooter with his brothers in the driveway.

1 comment:

g. fox said...

poor little monkey muffin. :(

give him a very gentle hug for me, k?