Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Terrible Tuesday

In honor of Tuesday, I'm going to post about last week.

Last Tuesday was scheduled to be a busy, busy day. Well, afternoon, anyway. Nate had to be at a Kindergarten orientation at 4pm, and also at Karate. Then there was a 45 minute break before a T-ball game, and an hour after the first pitch I had to be 20 minutes away at a church board meeting. To do all this, I needed Steve's help, two cars, someone else to make dinner, and possib;e a cloning device to replicate our popular and busy 5-year-old.

The morning was calm, until it was time to leave for gymnastics class (a morning class so I didn't mention it above). I could not find my car keys. I looked and looked but couldn't find them. So I grabbed the spare set and headed out with Nate and Andy. But then the car door wouldn't open. I meant he automatic open button. I had to manually open the car door. Can you believe it? What is this, 1993?

Anyway, as soon as I got in the car, I found my keys. In the ignition. Where I had left them. And not in the off position, either, apparently, because the car was dead dead dead. It wouldn't even make a noise or a sputter. And it was all my fault. And that afternoon we needed needed two cars.

Lucky for me, I married a car guy. Steve was able to plug the car in to this digital charger thingy, and after a few hours, the car was fine. I took the boys to gymnastics in his car - glad I didn't miss the class, all things considered, as it was Andrew's last of the year.

But there is always the chance that a recharged car battery will fail again, right? So I made sure to charge my cell phone and bring it with me to the Kindergarten Orientation with Nathan.

Steve to Nick to Karate. When I walked out the door, he was on the phone with work, and Andrew and Nicholas were both crying because they wanted to go to the Kindergarten Orientation, too. And I had had a conversation with Steve about getting pizza and meeting him someplace, but I wasn't sure if it was the pizza place or back home...

After the orientation, I tried to call Steve. But my phone has no service. It had no service at the school, or at the stoplight, or all the way home. And when we got there, of course Steve was waiting for us at the pizza place. I called his cell from the house phone. He suggested I turn my cell phone off and on again.

I drove Nate to the T-ball field in a drizzling rain, hoping hoping the game would get rained out because it was cold and Andrew had been wearing shorts. Of course it wasn't. I ate a couple of slices of pizza Steve had for me and Nate. I gave Andy my sweatshirt so he would be a little warmer. I saw the start of the game before dashing off to the church meeting.

Ten minutes into the meeting my cell phone rang. And that would be Steve telling me I had to come home and take Andy to the ER.

So all in all, it was not a good day. I hope this Tuesday is better than that one.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Oy vey! You need speed, cloning, massive doses of alcohol & a week at a spa! I am exhausted from all the activity last Tuesday. Hope this one is more relaxing or a least a little slower.

g. fox said...

seconded!