Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bad Mood

I was in a bad mood for days.

Before Mother's Day, I mean.

I don't know how it began. There was no reason for it. My day would start, I would go through the motions, and I would try to jolly myself into being happy. I would run, make breakfast for the kids, and suddenly STOP POKING YOUR BROTHER IN THE FACE! What is WRONG With You? Just SIT DOWN! CAN'T YOU JUST SIT DOWN! DOG GO AWAY! NO THROWING FOOD! AGHHHHHHH!

Yes. Meltdown. Before 8am. Usually not a good sign.

I hate myself when I do this, because I can hear myself, and I sound like a not-nice person. I sound like the kind of person you want to shut up and go away and not come back. And every single time I yell and scream, I tell myself it is the last time. I will find some other way of dealing with the problem. Some other, not thought of yet, but more effective and less likely to make me hate myself way of getting the boys to act more like human beings and less like wild un-named creatures who live in trees found only in Martian Forests.

I tell you this only because I am better now. And although you may be tired of reading her, I am not. Have another Hyperbole and a half. The Hate Spiral. This was ME!

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hee hee hee! Just read Hyperbole. I think she just nailed the entire process. Maybe you should take up boxing?