Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sicker and Sicker...

Last Sunday, Nicholas started complaining of a sore throat.

He wanted to go to church, though.

I often feel a little odd when my kids start talking about church school. I kind of get afraid that they are turning into little preaching born-again Jesus freaks. Which, if you know either my church or my personal views on religion, couldn't really be farther than the truth. In fact, my kids love church school because 1 - there are bigger boys there with DSi game systems, and everyone gets together and plays the games, 2 - there is a teenage girl there with a DSI and she lets Nicholas play some of her games, and 3 - this teenage girl also happens to know everything there is to know about Pokemon.

All three very important reasons for going to church wouldn't you agree? The Church of the Eternal Pokemon.

Anyway, Nicholas was upset when we told him he couldn't go to church. He cried. He said it was his turn to bring the snack, which it was. But he had a fever and sounded like a frog.

The next day I took him to the doctor. It turned out he had Strep.

I think it's only been a couple of weeks since I mentioned to someone that my kids didn't get Strep, which was odd, because I seemed to get it twice a year when I was a kid.

But never fear, we've finally caught up. Thank Goodness! I thought we were falling behind.

No comments: