Monday, April 04, 2011

Trick and Treat

This is what we had for dinner a few nights ago.

What can you tell from this photo? Aside from the fact that we really like yogurt in this house, I mean.

Well, if you're up on your food gags you can tell that I have a need to follow trends, I guess. The cupcakes are not cupcakes. The reason they look like they do is because they are actually made of meatloaf and the frosting is mashed potato. The "grilled cheese" is actually pound cake with frosting.

I had few problems with the cupcake, and was more worried about the pound cake with frosting. Too sweet - who puts frosting on pound cake? It was too much. Pound cake alone - heaven. Frosting - too sweet! The kids loved it, of course.

AS for the cupcakes, the boys ate them. All but Andy. Andy loves mashed potato, but would not, could not, eat either frosting that tasted the way it did or blue mashed potato. Neither explanation would get him to swallow that stuff. He ate a little of the meatloaf, but that's about it.

And now I need to find a trick for next year that does not involve oreos or gummy worms. Seriously, there has to me a good healthy food trick out there.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Mmmmm, looks good to me. But I could do without the frosting on the pound cake too! Maybe Andy would have eaten the potatoes if they didn't have colouring in them -- just plain ole white potato frosting??