Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Guess That's Why They Call It...

Having a hard time. No particular reason. I've just been down a bit lately. I'm sure the last few days being cloudy has nothing to do with it. I'm sure the drop in the temperature is coincidence. It probably has nothing to do with my cat, or with my over-indulging on pie and halloween candy, or having stopped running for a whole week.

It's just that it's all of those things put together.

Along with not measuring up to my own expectations of what I am supposed to be doing with my life. I can't write. I can't sing. I can't finish any project I start. My house is a mess. I cant catch up on laundry. My kids are wild and crazy, and it is probably my fault because I spoil them and I'm also cold and unattentive. I give them too many sweets and make them meals that are so healthy no one wants to eat them. I let them watch too much TV. I don't read to them enough.

I spend all of my time complaining! Which is why I need to go back to bed. Right now. I'm going to stay there until I'm in a better mood. Even if it means pulling the covers over my head for a week!

Someone better tell the kids.

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

They'll figure it out. And one of them will bring you a glass of cold water just because he wants to make you happy. You're just a little overwhelmed -- a lot of stuff has been going on in addition to your already full plate of daily life with 4 boy people & 3 boy animals! No wonder you feel down. You are the best Mommy! And I like your meals even if I'm not there to eat them! And the mess won't matter. So, go take a nap, have a hot cocoa & let some little boy sit on your lap & hug you. I would, if I were there (not the sit on your lap part).

Chad said...

Kathleen you rock! I'm sorry that everything has you down at the moment, but it happens to us all. Just know that you are fantastic and that one day soon you will be wondering what had you down in the first place. Give yourself a few moments of meditation and then push forward! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you from the other side of the country. I will be back in Maine over Christmas, so we should plan to meet up while I'm home. Thanks for the Elton John reference in your title-you can't go wrong there. Try listening to "The Greatest Discovery" on his live from Australia album-I think it might help cheer you up!

JimmyJames S Butler said...

Ok, I came across this post completely and totally by accident but it reminds me so much of the way I feel a lot of times that I'm posting just to say that it's good to read a total stranger's blog entry and identify with it and receive the affirmation that there are other people who struggle with these same feelings. :)