Sunday, November 06, 2011

Promises, Promises

I keep getting marvelous ides for posts, but then when I finally have the chance to sit down and write them, my mind is a blank.

And I have a lot to do this morning. I have to fold the laundry sitting on my dining room table. Then I have to put it away. I have to make the kids waffles and get them dressed for church. I have to wrap a couple of gifts. I have to get together the stuff for the homeless shelter (diapers and peanut butter and mac n' cheese) I have to shower and find something to wear that is clean, not torn, and not completely ridiculous looking.

What I WANT to do is sit here and write a little bit - I signed up for this thing where you're supposed to write 175 pages before the end of November. Which, when I think about it, is more like a huge joke because that is a LOT of pages, and I just don't know if I have that much to say, so even if I really really tried it won't happen (right now I'm at 2.5).

So... I'm promising a better post tomorrow. One with pictures and substance.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! 175 pages is a lot to write, but you can do it!

Debs said...

hey, in my book, a post is a post! (If you find any inspiration, send it my way. Cos currently a post by me would read "i'm tired. The belly is getting big. Soph is chatty. Is it naptime yet?"