Friday, November 25, 2011

Letter To Santa

Dear Santa

Here we are, the day after Thanksgiving already! I have to admit, this year the Turkey Holiday took me a little by surprise. It seems like only a couple of weeks ago we were trick-or-treating... That's what happens when they bump Halloween back to early November.

In any case, you are probably further along in your holiday shopping than I am in mine. (Everyone on my list is getting a peppermint pig and a small box of chocolates.) But in the event that you are still looking for ideas for any of us, I am sending you our christmas lists.

The Boys:

(If you will let me know what you are giving the boys and/or Steve, I will try and update this list, crossing out or noting when a specific item is purchased by any one of Santa's Elves.)

Santa, the boys have enough toys. They really and truly do. In fact, they have so many toys that I confiscated half of them in late summer, hid them in the closet, and no one ever noticed. I do plan to comb through what they have and thin it out a little, but please keep this in mind as you plan for them.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, no stuffed animals. Also, please nothing too large.

I have been dropping your elves targeted hints which still apply, but I won't mention them here. They love posters and T-shirts. They love books, always. They love PJ's and slippers. The two older boys need pants all of the time. They love trips to the zoo, to the movies, to museums, to amusement parks, etc.

The following are, as usual, only suggestions. They are not requirements. Please do not buy everything on the list. These are the things they have asked for, or might like. They can live without any of it.

Nicholas - age 7
Pants - size 6 (or 6 slim)
Shirt - size 7 or boys small
shoes - size 13.5
Likes or Might Like: Pokemon and Pokemon Cards,

Nathan - age 6 (on Jan. 16)
Pants - size 5 (soon to be size 6.)
Shirt -size 6 or 7 or boys small
shoes - size 12.5
Likes: Pokemon, Dinosaurs, Pirates,

Andrew - Age 4 (on Dec. 17)
Pants - size 4
Shirt - size 4
shoes - size 11
Likes: Space, Submarines

Would do for all three (these are bigger gifts they have requested or would absolutely use and enjoy): This Pirate Ship,



Steve:

I don't know! Santa, Men are a total mystery to me. I simply have no idea what they want or need. Every year I start brainstorming early, but Steve, my brother, and my father are always the last to be checked off my list, because I know I can't buy them what they want and dont' have, which is a ginormous yacht docked in St. Tropez, or for a certain baseball or football team to win a billion straight games. Same goes for Steve. I am married to this man, but when it comes to giving him a gift, I'm at a loss. Here's what I've got: He Needs Good Sturdy Luggage for both short term and long term trips. He likes Steak, Beef Jerky, and designer beers. If you have any ideas, please share them with me! (And maybe I'll share my ideas with you!)

Me:

I am the opposite of Steve. I am really easy to buy gifts for. If you reach into your kitchen cupboard and pull out a canned good, you could wrap it up for me and I would probably be thrilled. Especially if it's a dessert topping.
Seriously, there are a few general no-fail options I have. Chocolates are a big one. I would particularly enjoy some of these. I also really enjoy and constantly drink this line of red teas. I enjoy all kinds of make-up and beauty products, especially shampoos and conditioners. I like Burt's Bees and anything Earth friendly and/or organic. I have always wanted those re-usable drink containers that look like fancier versions of the disposable ones, hot or cold. I likeclothes, dressy clothes, casual clothes, I wear things into the ground. I like the jewelry you have picked out for me in the past. I need a new upright vacuum cleaner - I'd like a dyson, but they are expensive... but I can fix them, so if anyone if getting rid of one... hint hint... And more seriously, I appreciate items people make, poems, mix CDs, drawings, etc. Because I love you, and I appreciate you... uh... Santa!

No comments: