Saturday, November 19, 2011

True Story

I was giving the boys a bath, and Andy was sitting on the bath mat with me, waiting his turn.

"Mom, what if you had another baby?" he says, patting the dangly part of my stomach.

I can't lie. I experienced a "twinge" closely related to "want." But without hesitation I replied "Well, Andy, I think we're done. I think we have enough kids. What do you think? Would you want another baby around?"

Andy just looked at me.

"Babies are a lot of work," I said. "They cry all the time, and they need their diapers changed all the time, and they are always eating. I couldn't be with you guys as much as I am now. And they sleep all the time, so we'd have to be quiet, and I'd always be yelling 'Quiet! The baby is sleeping!' And we couldn't go to as many fun places, like the museums or the playgrounds, or things like that..."

Andy leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. "Wasn't that nice?" he asked

I nodded. "Yes, it was nice."

Then he made a funny fish face, and leaned forward for another kiss. Amused, I made the fish face back, and we kind of fish-face-kissed.

I giggled. "What was that?"

Without hesitation he replied, "Love."

And then he kissed me again.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

OMG!!! I luuurrrvvee this!! I'm wiping tears away. Sooooo cuuute!!!