Monday, November 07, 2011

Make Up!

I drew a moustache on Nathan for Trick-or-Treating.

Well, actually, I drew the moustache on him for the Karate Halloween event. On Halloween, Nathan was in a hurry and drew the moustache on himself. It looked kind of cool - not as round and twirly, but like Wario or Waluigi. Bad-guy-ish.

Trick or Treating in our town was last night, and despite the fact that we had already gone at Lillian's, we had used the second go at candy accumulation to help keep the boys from self-destruction during the power outage. Once the day came, we didn't see any other way out except to take them, even though I was so tired of Halloween and dressing up I could have screamed.

But what I want to talk about came before then. See, having used my one eyeliner to create a number of moustaches, I decided I deserved a new eyeliner. Actually, I deserved two, one in my traditional grey color, and another one that was purple - I know, I know, who do I think I am, some 23-year-old-clubber? But it made me happy.

Unfortunately, I left these eyeliners in plain sight next to the sink in my bathroom. We were going to a party at a friend's house that afternoon, and the boys were excited, running around like little lunatics, so I shooed them upstairs so that I could actually fold some laundry, load the dishwasher, sort through the clutter on the kitchen counter - what IS this stuff and how does it get here?

Twenty minutes before we are about to leave, Nathan bursts into the kitchen looking like this:

We had to have a conversation about make-up, Mommy's make-up, how it's ridiculously expensive, how we don't meddle, and how we don't write all over our faces before going to a party. Unless it's that kind of party.

This party was a 40th birthday party with some friends I have known since college. Someone happened to bring some photos of us dressed up for shows, dancing around our first new apartment, and dressing up for parties disguised as doormice. Including one famous picture of three of us sitting in large sinks with odd white clown-ish make-up on our faces.

Of course I let Nathan wear the make-up to the party.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!! Obviously, he tried a few times to get it all exactly the way he wanted it! Looks fabulous! Hope everyone had fun at the party!