Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Story

Well, it snowed. We lost power. That was... Saturday, and into Sunday.

It's Tuesday evening as I write this.

There was no school Monday, which was officially Halloween. Our town cancelled school that day, and then postponed trick-or-treating until November 6th. We drove down to Lillian's where they DID have trick-or-treating.

School was cancelled today. I took the kids to the Museum of Science. They did have Karate and Piano lessons.

But they have already sent an email out letting us know there is no school tomorrow.

It's just November, people. Three snow days, and not even Thanksgiving.

And we still have no power. Yes, we have the generator, so we have heat and running water. Hot water, at that. But it would be nice to have lights in the bathroom. It would be nice to cook a meal on the stove or in the oven. The laundry is piling up, even with that load I did at Lillian's.

I should be used to this by now, I think. But I'm not. I'm just resigned to it.



1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Maybe it'll all fall between now & Christmas & then it'll turn into Spring in January!! No? You don't think that'll work? Okay. I tried. But the pictures are great -- that new camera sure is something!!