Thursday, November 03, 2011

Update

Day 6 of power outage: AGHHHHHHHH!

This is starting to get a little bit ridiculous.

I hate this.

I'm angry about why this is happening. In my brain I just had a little conversation with myself about why the colonists would choose to move to a place where storms were constantly interrupting their way of life. And then I realized that their way of life would only have been interrupted for the duration of the storm, because they didn't have Facebook, Xfinity, or Grey's Anatomy. They also didn't have lit homes, whole house heating, water pumps, or child care.

But I still hold the power companies a little to blame. Not for the snow. Not even for the outages, really. But for the length of time it takes to recover. Why can't there be a solution other than waiting it out for a week? And people, if you're going to get all city snooty on me and say that's what happens when you live in the boonies, remember that I had to unplug my coffee maker to plug in the toaster had make my breakfast, and that I am just a little irritable right now.

Besides, there are about 4000 (families) of us living here in my town alone still without power. 4000 is too much for "the boonies." In fact, it's a large and angry mob.

I'm sorry, I'm in a really bad mood today. Please send warm thoughts and exotic caramels. (shoot, I just remembered the snow plow took out our mailbox. AGH!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tucson

Just do it...


It's too far away from me, but you'd love it and I'd come visit. No snow.

Love, Aunt Anne-E

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Do not listen to Aunt Anne-E. You would hate Tucson. And it's too far from me! I sent the chocolate covered-salted caramels yesterday...O, the mailbox. They'll probably be returned to me. And I'll eat them! Mwah hah hah hah hah hah! (Happy belated Halloween!!)

Debs said...

sending warming hugs and virtual soup