Friday, January 26, 2007

Level 3 in the video game of LIFE

Level 1 was Nick getting sick in his carseat.

Level 2 was Nick getting sick the other night while Steve was away on a business trip.

Can you guess Level 3? Go on, give it a try!

Yesterday Nick and Nate both ate a full breakfast. They both ate their Dora Spaghettios for lunch. And they both fall right asleep at nap time. But I was feeling off. Very off. I ate a snadwhich, thinking I might just be hungry, but I couldn't finish it. I kept thinking I would hop on the treadmill, but once the boys were asleep I just crawled into bed... and then, at 2:30... just before the boys got up from nap... I got sick. BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE!

I couldn't do anything. I took the boys down to the living room and turned on the TV, telling them they could watch wahatever they wanted. I stretched out on the couch, but every few minutes I had to get up and run to the bathroom, and the boys would folow me. Throwing up is one thing, ut you should try it sometime with a one-year-old sticking his head in the toilet with you, and a two-year-old behind you saying "Oh, Mommy! Yucky!"

Finally I left them with Steve, who was a hero and took care of them WHILE HE WAS WORKING! He then gave them dinner and put them to bed. Then he came and told me he was feeling a little funny himself. And it was about that time that Nathan threw up all over his bed.

Steve, poor Steve who was starting not to feel well and who can't changing a poopy diaper without throwing up, helped me get Nate out of bed. I took off the sheets and re-made the bed by layering blankets and towels, figuring I could just peel them off as he kept getting sick. THIS WORKS! It really does.

Anyway, Nate kept getting sick. Steve camped out in the guest bedroom so that we could have our own space for the night - let's face it, sharing a bathroom isn't always the dream it's made out to be. And then, late into the night, when both Steve and I were feeling sick, we heard it. It was the sound of someone throwing up. Someone not Nate. IT WAS NICK! AGAIN! AGHHHHH!

So anyway, it's the morning, and I'm feeling better, but really tired. I have more laundry to do than I ever thought possible. I need to sleep. Nate is dancing around the house.... I'm not sure this level is over yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This brings back memories of Disney World, 1979, and the great Vomit Fest featuring the WOOD family. I'll never forget "IT'S A SMALL WORLD" lasting about 7 hours, sitting with you and Winston while vomit oozed from my sandals and on shore Charlie tried to minister to a seriously sick Anne-E who had just cleared a 12- foot space with her amazing projection vomit trick. We all fell prey to the bug. My finest moment was clutching Anne-E while barfing into the shrubbery outside the motel room door which Charlie had not been able to open because he was in the bathroom holding your head over the toilet.Ahh! the joys of parenthood!

Pig wot flies said...

Oh Kathleen. I don't know what to say. <<<<< hugs >>>>>>
I hope you all feel better soon.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

OMG! It's like a dysentery ward! You need to be quarantined, disinfected, sterilised! But I am so empathetic; I wish there were something I could do to hasten your recovery. I wish you all feel better ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Feel Better, Fleen. Sorry about the sickies. I'm making sure LP reads your blog very, very carefully before we decide we want babies.

Jamie said...

I'm just so sorry. I don't know what else to say