Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Light Bulb Joke


Not too long ago I hopped into bed at my usualy hour (7:30 pm) settled back against the pillows, flipped open my book, and reached to turn on my bed lamp when... nothing happened. As in, I turned the knob, but there was no light. I sighed, thinking I would have to change the lightbulb, but something caught my eye. The light socket WAS EMPTY! The lightbulb was just... gone.

It turned out not to be such a big deal. I looked over and saw a light bulb just sitting there on Steve's bedside table. I assumed, of course, that it was his idea of a practical joke.

The next day, when I mentioned it to him, he told me he had found it the night BEFORE, just sitting on his pillow. He had climbed into bed, put his head on his pillow, and felt a hard light bulb under his ear. I thought I must have been really tired and unscrewed the bulb in a half-sleep instead of just turning off the light. Or maybe it had come loose and just fallen out.

The REAL question is: How many Toddlers does it take to screw in a light bulb? I don't have an actual answer, but I know that it only take one to unscrew one, as long as that toddler is Nicholas. Yesterday morning I turned to see him unscrewing the very same light bulb from the very same lamp. "Look, Mommy! A Light Bald!" Greeeeaaaaate.

There are a few other mysteries that need to be solved around here. A few items of mine have gone missing and cannot be found. These include the tinted chapstick I use every day. And the half-used book of Sudoku that I keep on my bedside table. They cannot be found anywhere. I did, however, solve the mystery of the six bars of Ivory Spring that went missing from the bathroom cabinet. Yesterday I found these while sorting through the shoes on my closet floor, scattered among the flip-flops and sandals, and the work shoes I haven't worn in years but can't give up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get Nick signed up asap in the IBEW Union -- great benefits and early retirement!!!!

A little scary, but the cutest story!!

Regarding missing items: When my son was about 2 or 3 my favorite flannel pajama top went missing for months. Then one day I found it in the back compartment of his little ride-on car!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! I little electrician! He will go on to earn a good living -- it's a union profession. I need some re-wiring done in NYC. Let me know when he gets proficient at that!

Anonymous said...

Can he install and keep running one of those new-fangled high definition televions. His grand-dad could sure use some help.