Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Resolution Revolution



A few years ago I started making real new year's resolutions. But I couldn't keep them. I was bad at reolutions. then, three years ago, I started making resolutions in a diffewrent way. Here are my Rules To Resolutions:

1 - Keep Them Realistic. It could be cool to find the cure for cancer or to lose 100 pounds. But it's not going to happen. In the past I have included things like "give birth to this baby." I mean, I was pretty sure it was going to happen.

2 - Make A Plan. Yes, I want to lose ten pounds and save money. But I'm not just going to say "LOSE TEN POUNDS" and "SAVE MONEY." Instead, I say make a workout plan and stick to it, eat healthier foods like the stuff I saw in that cookbook, and start a savings account.

3 - Limit my resolutions. I only let myself have five. If I wanted to, I could have twenty, and do a mediocre job on each. But instead I have five, and choose to do a mediocre job on just five. Kidding. But seriously, five is enough for me. I'm busy.

4 - Take note of the things I am already doing. I am already working out. I don't need to include that. And aren't I a wonderful person for working out! Yes. Yes I am. So get to feel good about that while I add "less TV" and "more outside time" to my list. After all, I don't want to fall behind on things I'm already good at just to add something new to my resume of life.

And that's all the preachiness you'll get from me today. I'm already embarassed at myself. Perhaps one of my resolutions should have been "be less preachy." But it's not. I didn't have room between "eat more chocolate" and "play with my kids more."

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Resolution, smesolution! What is that fabulous contraption Nate is reclining in so comfortably?????