Monday, January 29, 2007

Overtime, Extra Innings, Whatever


Nicholas did not throw up last night, so I am sending him to school today.

Nathan threw up twice. He is not himself this morning. But since he was fine for a couple of days I'm going to wait this one out.

I am calling the doctor about the hives that are covering my entire body in beautiful welts, including the backs of my hands. They itch, and they sting, and medicine make then feel better for about an hour, but then I either have to wait 24 hours before taking the next pill, or the pill makes me fall asleep.

5 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

You poor beleaguered mommy. You truly are JobAna. Next it will be boils. I'm guessing you had the usual childhood diseases like measles & chickenpox & since you do not mention a fever to accompany these itchy hives, I'm guessing it might be an allergic reaction of some kind & then I found this: Other causes of hives include: emotional stress, bacterial - viral - fungal infections, hepatitis B, parasitic worms, food additives, plants, COLD TEMPERATURES, heat, sweating, and dermatographism (irritation from pressure or tight fitting clothes). So maybe you are allergic to NH Winters & need to move closer to us -- a more temperate climate????

Kathleen said...

Oh God! Or I could just be too big for my pants and have a few parasitic worms!!!!

Anonymous said...

OK that's it. One more thing and we send the Exorcist to your house.

So sorry you're having all of this.

Debs said...

Oh Kathleen, I've just been catching up on reading your blog, and poor poor you. I wish all you guys better really really soon. And that you'll stay better. Love, hugs and prayers.

Jamie said...

you know, last year i posted a blog entry about freaky hives breaking out out on my stomach and arms. then mom and dad made it the subject of conversation at dinner parties and with various house guests. i know you don't really care, but i'm just giving you heads up that between nathan's first words and this unfortunate outbreak of hives, the latter will be the more salient topic of discussion amongst family friends.

think cool thoughts! and try using prickly heat after you take a shower. it's relief for approximately 5 minutes.