Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What's That Sound?

Things have changed around here. While I tell you about them, please enjoy these pictures of my parents' kitchen cabinets - they are stained glass, and yes, they can be lit from the INSIDE to produce the below effect.

As I have mentioned, Nathan now walks - no, runs. He can also climb onto the sofa, reach the power button to the cable box, and remove entire loaves of bread from the bread box.


But the biggest change comes from Nicholas. While the world stops to contemplate the wonders of an upwardly mobile Nate, Nick has quietly learned how to open doors.

This means no one is safe.

I used to shower while the boys played in my bedroom, confident thay would keep the destruction confined to my room, unable to reach the hallway and tumble down the stairs. Now all I have to do is brush my teeth and Nick has opened the door, gone downstairs, opened the fridge, gotten out the apple juice, and let out the dog. Nate, still afraid of stairs that go down, is in the guest room talking to someone on the phone.

Seriously, Nick opens doors everywhere. I have been remined of this more than once while using public restrooms. He can also open the fridge, which can be an issue. But the biggest concern I have is that he can open the door to the HOUSE. He can actually go outside. SO far he has only let the dog out, but it's been nineteen degrees. Once it gets to be sixty I'm afraid we'll have to put one of Gunther's electric Gate collars on him.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yikes! Sounds as if you'll have to child-proof all the doors! Good luck!

Jamie said...

electric collar it up. or handcuff him to pieces of furniture when you need to leave the room. install a security system that automatically bars the windows and doors when nicholas get too close.