Saturday, August 02, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different

Andy is now crawling like a pro.

He knows where all of our electrical outlets are, and the stairs, and which cabinets hold the cleaning products, medicines, and the hot poisonous knives.

He gets into the trash more than the dog.

If I leave anything on the floor for more than a moment, he is there putting it into his mouth. Soda, baby powder, Windex, you name it.

But mostly, he is just trying to keep up with me. He clings to my legs, trying to pull himself up. He never quite makes it, but it keeps me from moving. I've taken to putting him as far away from me as I can, then running back to whatever I was doing and doing as much as I can before he finds me and starts to climb me. Then I pick him up and put him across the room again.

The things is, it's like taking care of a completely different kid.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

"Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha! The plan is working! Soon we little ones -- 3 of us -- will unite to overwhelm you & crawl all over you & run you ragged & then you will fall asleep leaving the snacks unprotected! Mwah hah hah hah hah hah! Then our reward is at hand -- all the snacks, all the hot poisonous knives, the cel phones, the TV & videos! Ours! All ours! FOREVER!!! Or til we fall asleep sickened by overindulgence."

I just know those little boys have it all worked out -- you watch your back, girlfriend!