Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Milestone Come and Gone

Today was Nathan's very first day of school.

I was worried about him. When Nicholas started this class he was just two. He was in diapers. He drank only from a sip cup. He had never had his hair cut.

Nate seems so much older. He isn't three yet, so he can't be part of the next up class. He is older than Nick was by five months, but the difference is astonishing.

Of course he is the biggest in his class. But he was also the only boy today. The little girls are so tiny, and they seems so delicate. I was worried Nathan would have a hard time.

But apparently he did a great job. I had no problems at all dropping him off. He was very excited at the end of the day, telling me about everything he had done. And I think it's going to be a great year.

For his part, Nicholas will be in a much more academic class this year. The day is much more structured, and they even have their own journals!

And as for me, I'm working of getting drop off and pick up times down to under thirty minutes. With all the running around and juggling of stuff for each kid I got very confused. I'm sure I'll have it down within a few weeks, though.

3 comments:

mbean said...

Kathleen, you are a rockstar mom and your boys are beautiful, wonderful kids.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

OMG I loooooove that picture!!! Blow it up & save it to show to them when they are rolling around trying to kill each other!

And: Way to go, Nato!! You get in there & bat those long eyelashes at the little girls. Nico, I want to see your journal 'cause I know it will be the most interesting thing I've read all week! Andrew, you better start doing something academic NOW! Kathleen, great job!! And please check your email!

Anonymous said...

I'M so proud. Save those journals! I need to read them. Gosh, Kathleen, wasn't it only last month YOU started to school? I"m so happy for you and the boys. Consider yourselves hugged and kissed about a thousand times.