Friday, August 22, 2008

Helpful Household Hint

We got a new washer a while ago... well, since Nick was born. I consider this new. Others might have the idea that newness wears off. Not I. No matter than we've already had to have the repair man in.

We did not, however, purchase a new dryer with the washer. I believe in using something until it stops working. Of course, you have to run a load of laundry three times in order to dry it... and eventually I know I'll break down and finally buy a new one.

I do laundry every day. As I have mentioned. The wash goes in early morning, then gets transferred to the dryer and I usually just restart it when I walk by and notice it's off. Until, of course, it's run three times.

The other day I started the dryer very early in the morning, because I had actually started a load of sandy beach towels the night before. I ran the dryer twice, in each case doing a quick reach-in-turn-on. It wasn't until mid afternoon that I actually stuck my head in the laundry room and noticed the load of towels in the washer.

That's right. I forgot to actually PUT the wet laundry into the dryer. No wonder my stuff isn't getting dry.

3 comments:

Lou said...

HA!! That's awesome.

Jamie said...

Hey from Bangkok: having one of those days here too!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, this happens to me every time. Every time. Gets especially expensive at, say, the laundromat...

-