Friday, August 29, 2008

Ugly Me

Remember the wonderful picture Jamie took of Nathan in the ball pit at Storyland last year? They were green, and looked like giant peas. Jamie takes the best pictures of my kids. I tried to copy him with Andy this year, only I was unable to overcome a few obstacles, such as Andy sinking into the ball pit and needing to be found, and my camera not focusing properly, and finally my photographic skills not being, so to speak, any good.

Today I got new glasses! I needed them, as the lens fell out of the one pair I still had the day before Storyland. I couldn't be too upset, as I had purchase that pair shortly after graduating college. Twelve years ago. It was time for a new pair.

I picked them up today, and looked into the mirror, and it then cracked into a billion little smithereens and scattered all over the floor. Because today was NOT a good looking day for me. I have this zit right over my lip and of course I've been poking at it. And when one pokes at a sensitive area like that it tends to swell up. So all this morning I had a fat lip. I told people I got Botox. It seemed sexier than the zit.

Once the glasses were on - thick, trendy frames - my lip stuck out even more. Plus all the freckles or sun splotches REALLY stood out, and so did my unplucked eyebrows (who plucks with a fat lip?) and every single wrinkle I have thus far obtained (I worked HARD for these wrinkles, man!)

Point being, I wanted to post a photo of me in my new frames, but lost confidence. Maybe tomorrow. For now, Andy.

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Wow! That is one fabulous picture!! All those balls & that one little baby -- extremely cuuuuuuttttteeeee! Tomorrow, your picture, four-eyes, Botox, zit & all!! O, and the wrinkles; remind me to look for them next time I see you with a magnifying glass! You don't have wrinkles yet...wait til the boys are all teens at the same time, then you'll have wrinkles AND grey hairs!

Debs said...

I love that pic of Andy.
And I'm sure you're looking beautiful too :)

Anonymous said...

we want a picture please
of you that is