Monday, May 17, 2010

Need Bloodhound

All day long people ask me where things are.

"Mom, where is that toy car I was just playing with?"

"I can't find my shoes!"

"Did you say you picked up my shirts from the cleaners?"

And I roll my eyes because the boys in the house are SO HOPELESS at finding things for themselves.

This morning I looked down at my left hand and realized my engagement ring was no longer on my finger.

Not only was my hand half-dressed, but I could not remember taking the ring OFF. Although the last time I remember actually having it I was heading out to do yard work and thought to myself that I really SHOULD remove it. But I don't remember actually doing so. And that was yesterday afternoon.

I have looked in all the usual places, and I have not yet found it. So far I've shaken out the bedsheets, combed through the compost AND the trash, and sifted through almost every drawer in the house. I've also gone out and searched through yards of sticks and twigs and thorny brushy ground, just in case I DIDN'T take it off and had it fly off my hands when I removed my gloves or something. My hand feels odd without it. So sentimental, until I remind myself that this odd feeling would have come in useful YESTERDAY or whenever it was I took the durn thing OFF.

Seriously, I feel ill about this. So if anyone has seen it or can think of a place I should have looked but haven't, please let me know. Please.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

oh man, that's so stressful!! It'll pop up when you least expect it

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, nooo! But Jamie is right. Either you or one of the kids will stumble on it, most likely when looking for something else. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

g. fox said...

metal detector!

LARISSA said...

the dog poo. Hate to say it. But it wouldn't be the first time a dog ate a piece of jewelry.