Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday Already?

I just realized that I didn't post yesterday. Obviously my mind has been elsewhere, what with birthdays and concerts and lost symbols of my marital union.

In an effort to look on the bright side of life (and the funny side of the street -heh heh!) I'm making a list of positive things that have come out of my lost ring:

- I am no longer working in the yard! That's right, my yard work is on hold, just in case my ring cam off while pulling up brambly vines and is now buried under twigs and dry leaves. Either until the ring is found, or until I can borrow a metal detector and confirm, to my satisfaction, that the ring is not out there. I suddenly have much more free time.

- The light to the laundry room is working! I realize this may be like stating the obvious, as I never posted about how it stopped working. But the wiring in this house is wonky, and a few lights pop in and out of working order. The laundry room was dark for almost two weeks and I still hadn't called an electrician. Despite the fact that I flicked the light switch each time I went in there and nothing ever happened.But Monday, as I was shoving laundry into the dryer, Nate came over and asked "Why are you in the dark?" and flicked the light switch AND THE LIGHT TURNED ON!

- I found a stash of hidden Easter chocolate! I don't remember stashing it, but it was in my room. It was good, but also kind of not good, as I was only to eager to over indulge in my state of panic and despair.

- After this weekend, most of my stress will be gone! The concert will be over, choir will be over for the season, birthday parties over, family obligations done with... there will be other things, but... let's not go there.

1 comment:

g. fox said...

Other things like ME COMING TO VISIT and cooking for you?`