Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nicholas - 6 Years Old


Maybe it's because he's my oldest, but I spend a lot of time worrying about Nicholas. Perhaps this would be true of any son with his temperament. He prefers video games to sports, and he lives in a world of Bakugan battles and alternate universes.

Nicholas can be sweet and caring. He longs to be one of the bigger kids, but he is exceedingly gentle with younger ones.

And as much time as I spend fretting that I am not doing enough or making the right choices where he is concerned, there are nights I tuck him into bed and realize that this is the only time I have hugged him all day. He no longer crawls into my lap or sits with me just to get cuddled. I wonder how long it will be before days and weeks slip by with no hugs, and he wipes the kisses I give him off his cheek.

I'm going to have to make up for it now, while I remember, and while I still can.

Happy Birthday, my very first baby.

4 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Happy Birthday, Nico!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Nick!!

Debs said...

Happy birthday Nick!

g. fox said...

Happy birthday, Nick!!!