Thursday, May 20, 2010

Even In Australia

Yesterday was a bad day.

Come to think of it, this has been a rotten week. Yes, a few good things have happened, and I don't want to sound all dark and gloomy and glass-half-emptyish. But some days are like that.

Yesterday was one of those days. It was a day when everything anyone said to me seemed to have a snide subtext. As though a conversation I thought I was a part of actually did not include me. And I wondered how someone as awkward as I am has made it this far in life. I'm still feeling the hangover effects this afternoon. The best thing to do is obviously to crawl into bed and never come out. No one will notice. And if they do, I'll tell them I'm protesting something. The use of pesticides, perhaps.

Oh, well. Tomorrow will be better. Maybe I'll get the prize in the cereal box.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

You need a day off. Leave the boys to take care of one another & come visit. Your mother & I will take you shopping! Or we'll go to a movie & then out for a girl's dinner!

g. fox said...

Don't worry. You're never as dark and gloomy as I am. :-)