Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Too Much To Ask

The boys woke up this morning at 5:30 am. I walked into their bedroom to find both Nathan and Andrew sans pants. "We both wet our beds!" Nate cheerily informed me.

That's great! Now they're best buds, bonding over wet sheets.

And that kind of set the tone for the day.

That and every Every EVERY time I ask the boys to do something, or tell them to do something - not unusual things, mind you, but everyday things like "put on your shoes" or "get in the car" - I get negative responses. Responses like "But I was..." or "I'm hungry!" or "NOOOOO!" And I'm hot and cranky and my throat hurts but I don't know if it's from being tired and getting sick, or if it's from yelling.

Once, just once, I would like to move from one activity to the next without repeating it, shouting, or feeling as though I could possibly be out witted by a four-year-old.

No comments: