Friday, October 19, 2007

Chaos

Steve and I are desperately trying to teach our kids manners. Specifically table manners. It's harder than you think. As soon as one habit gets settled in (say they remember a Please or Thank You), they forget another (such as swallow your food instead of spitting it out half chewed onto your plate.) Possibly the biggest thing is sitting still. The boys cannot sit still.

My feeling is that they are young, and we can only expect them to sit still for a short length of time. But I do feel that, while they are eating, they should refrain from getting out of their chairs, wobbling in their chairs, crawling under the table, running around the room, etc. Actually, at this point, I am far less concerned with what it is they eat, and much more concerned with the fact that they use a fork to eat it.

We're working on it.

6 comments:

Debs said...

I think the link to HP's blog is fixed now - thanks for pointing that out!
Yes, small children and table manners - takes a while. But you'll get there, eventually. Or else they'll move out and you won't have to put up with it anymore!

Debs said...

Oh, and I just watched the video, and I love the ending!

Jamie said...

maybe it's time to invest in seat belts for the dining room chairs

Lou said...

HA!!! You should take that act on the road.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ooo, I love the "polite" way Nick has of leaving the table! It's like Gunther sucked him right off the chair & into his den! I think Jamie s right -- seatbelts for the dining chairs!

Jules said...

Funniest video EVAH