Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Little Explosions

Hey! Look at the Scary-Baby-Meter! I'm on the NEXT to last Scary Baby! Hooray for me!



My kids are not the only ones who explode over little things. I myself have been knows to fly off the handle when things do not go my way. Mostly, when I loose my temper and scream I am yelling at my kids. Because it is something they did.

Yesterday, I went ballistic only twice. First when Nathan turned off the powerstrip (and hence the power) to my computer just as I was about to hit "POST" on my blog. Second when the boys broke the third of my four pyrex mixing bowls, the bowls I love, the bowls I have forbidden them to touch, even though they are within their reach. These bowls can take a lot of beating up, I know because I had them for years without a break or crack or chip, right up until we got tile on our kitchen floor, and now we are down to one. (Hey - want to know what I need for a birthday / early x-mas gift? Mixing bowls! Or at Thanksgiving we can mix everything in the sink.)

Today, I have already broken yesterday's record for yelling. I yelled when I was trying to change the sheets on Nate's bed (his diaper leaked last night) and he wouldn't stop jumping on it, all the while in his pee-soaked PJ's, while Nicholas sat there on the floor refusing to get dressed at all. I yelled at Nick when he refused to play by himself or with Nate and insisted on coming with me to get dressed, promising to be good, only instead he kept pulling things out of my drawer and getting in my way or pulling things out of his Dad's closet. I yelled at the world when Nick spilled his orange juice all over the pants he had been wearing for exactly 17 minutes, and then spotted a huge, swollen, full tick on the floor (like a swollen raisin) and refused to leave until I had disposed of the tick, and when he finally went upstairs to change into yet another pair of pants (hello, laundry!) Nathan followed him and refused to come back down.

I mean, sometimes it's not a matter of being mad AT another person. Mostly it's just that the world is ganging up on me, and soon I will be buried in laundry that smells like old food and pee, and ticks I can't find will be lurking all over my house to suck blood and spread disease, no matter how much I spend on flea and tick repellent. Seriously - THE TICKS! YUCK!

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Ai, ai, ai, ai, ai! Boy! Are you ready to give birth! Whatever you are yelling is just a substitute for "Get this baby out of me right now!!!!" Of, course, it is understandable -- the kid is walking around in there looking for solid food & the keys to the car. And don't worry about your mixing bowls, as soon as your Mom & I get there for Thanksgiving, we are going straight to the store with a loooong shopping list. Start making it now -- we'll take care of it! See you soon - x0x0x0x

Jamie said...

MUAH! This video is priceless. If only they were doing this dance all the time and not upset by ANYTHING. Don't worry about the ticks. Gunther will eat them, right?

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

This dance that they do, is it a daily ritual? Can anyone join in? Is there a song that goes along with it? O, I can't wait to visit! Dancing in the kitchen every day-- whooppee!!