Friday, October 26, 2007

Tick, tick

Before painting the pumpkins we tried drawing on them in magic marker. Magic marker was much messier.
The cooler weather has arrived, and with it the ladybugs have almost gone away... or at least the little pests have stopped showing themselves and are hiding, which is almost as good. Now I just have to find their little buggy bodies and vacuum them all up.

The pests I am having trouble with NOW are the ticks. Frank was covered in them Wednesday. And I'm sure the ones we find on the floor are dropping off Gunther, but I can't ever find any ON him. He's pretty big, and he won't sit still when I pet or brush him. Also, as soon as I try to touch any place a tick might hide - his ears, his legs, his neck - he immediately freaks out.

The thing is, we're spending a small fortune on Frontline, the Flea and Tick medication, and I have been meticulous about applying it to each of our pets on the first of every month. As far as I know, no fleas, but apparently it doesn't work as well on ticks. And I wonder, is it worth it?

1 comment:

Lou said...

The ticks are insane around here. Steven found one on Logan yesterday while they were playing outside. Athena has the same tick problem with her dog - and she uses Frontline too - I guess that stuff isn't very effective when it comes to ticks. Her dog even ended up with Lyme Disease.