Thursday, October 04, 2007

Things Fall Apart

I never watch Grey's Anatomy on TV. I don't have the patience. Instead I wait until the season comes out on DVD and watch all the episodes at the same time. On one episode, this woman had a tumor. A really, really big tumor. And everyone wondered aloud just how she had let the tumor get so BIG.

Yesterday, as I was walking back to the house after dragging the trash up the driveway, I noticed something. A largish something. Hanging right over the entrance. Way above the fall flag I put up. Covering the floodlights that should illuminate our property at night.

It was a beehive. A volcano looking nest, bigger than a basketball, bees flying in and out. The bees nest is feet from the window of the boys' room. And for the life of me, I can't figure out how I haven't noticed it until now. Now we have to call an exterminator to come and get rid of it. Because the bees would kill us if we tried getting rid of it on our own.

Today I am also expecting the Washing Machine Repair Guy. Our washing machine is broken. Not that it doesn't wash clothes, because it does. It does exactly what a washing machine should do. But it does it all while emitting a high pitched beep. The beep... is annoying. And it doesn't stop. It's more like a continual whine. It just keeps beeping. Even - and this is the really irritating part - WHEN THE WASHER HAS STOPPED! It just beeps and whines as long as the washing machine is plugged in. So far I can keep doing wash, just plugging it in when there is actual laundry to do, and then quickly unplugging it. Otherwise we'd all be driven mad. Not that we can't live this way, but the washer isn't that old.

I just wish that, once you fix something or do something like get a new washer or take care of bees, that they would STAY taken care of.

Also, does anyone know anyone who would like a couple of young boys? Mine are quite frankly starting to get on my nerves. I think I might leave them on someone's doorstep unless the screaming and crying and the "mine mine mine" doesn't stop. Oh, there it goes again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll take them!

Debs said...

Stick 'em on a plane to Stansted and I'll pop up the road and pick them up. Better still, put them on aplan for El Paso, Texas and they'll be ready and waiting for me when I get there.
I'll let you keep the bees though. We wouldn't want you to get too lonely.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Send the boys to your parents -- we'll bring them back when we come up for Thanksgiving!!! O, & good luck with the washer & those bees. Please have them removed (the bees) before we all get there.

among the savages said...

If they're bees that would be the good news. You can't rule out hornets or yellow jackets.
Standing watching my friends domestic bees one day from a distance of about 20 feet suddenly this bee sitting in the doorway of the hive came at me as if he'd been thrown, like a rock, and got me squarely between the eyes. No kidding... hurtling like a rock and stung me between the eyes.
Did you know bee toxin is more virulent than most snake venom. Like if copperheads had hornet venom it's bite would kill you.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I got to be among the savages... I guess I didn't push the correct button when I published my remark. Oh well.
If the repairman doesn't get out soon maybe you can disable that noise.. there might even be a schematic and/or troubleshooting info in all that pile of paper they handed you when they brought the washer.Might just involve something simple like disconnnecting a wire.

Anonymous said...

ALWAY UNPLUG THE MACHINE BEFORE YOU START TO WORK ON IT!!!!!!