Sunday, June 08, 2008

Heat In The Kitchen

Lillian took this picture yesterday at the Library Festival. See how sneaky Andy is as he tries to steal my Diet Coke? But I'm on to him.


Yesterday it started getting hot. I said that. I said it yesterday.

But today it kept on being hot. The whole night was hot. At 8am I realized that the only outdoor time we'd get that day would have to happen immediately. And forty minutes later we walked out into the backyard. (It took us forty minutes to get shoes and sunscreen and hats.) Thirty minutes later I was drenched in sweat. This is 9:15 am.

So we went back inside. And the day got hotter.

The kids were cross and I was short tempered, so I tried an early nap. An hour into naptime Andy woke up, and Nick and Nate were still chatting and singing and kicking and jumping out of bed and then trying to jump right back in before I could make it to their room to see who it was. So I lost it. I dragged Nate into my bed with me and Andy. Andy immediately began smiling and laughing because to him, getting to be next to Nate is just the best thing in the world. And Nate immediately began poking his fingers into Andy's ears. I had to get in between them. And even then Nate started poking the moles on my back and running his fingers through the ends of my hair.

It was so hot.

Nate finally fell asleep for a few minutes, but Nick never did. All afternoon they fought and whined and kicked and demanded milk or juice or grapes or whatever. And I snapped at them because I was hot and tired and cranky TOO!

Honestly, it's been hotter. I guess we're just not used to it. Seeing that only on Friday we were wearing JACKETS.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yup. Spring lasted a whopping 5 days this year. Oh well.