Monday, June 23, 2008

my house is falling down


Some days I feel as though the walls to my house are crumbling, and I'm running around with a roll of scotch tape trying to fix everything before the plaster turns completely into sand and fills the hallways with sandy dunes of former house atoms.

I've already posted about the hammock snapping off. I didn't post about it, but the towel rack in the boys' bathroom fell off a few weeks ago, leaving holes in the drywall which now need to be patched and painted.

Last week I felt that I got a lot accomplished. I called people to come and fix our garage door. I called the electricians to come and fix the phone jacks, so that we can have more than one phone. I painted Steve's office, finally coving up the bare drywall that the previous owners of our house left us when they moved out their hot tub. I did a LOT. And this week I was going to bask in my home, taking pride in all I had done to fix it up.

Last night, our microwave died.

This is an inconvenience, to be sure. Because I have grown DEPENDENT on this microwave to heat things up. And replacing a microwave should be easy, right? I mean, they sell these things EVERYWHERE.

Only our microwave just happens to be part of a system built into our wall. Connected to our oven. You can see it behind Nick in today's photo.

So now we need a new oven. AND a new microwave. Unless we just buy a microwave and use our old oven and let the old microwave just sit there.

.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it's always something, huh? Sorry to hear about your 'house' troubles!

Debs said...

That sounds so frustrating, Kathleen.
Big hugs.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yep. Now you know the secret of the universe. It all takes constant attention or it will all fall apart. I'm glad to hear that you are doing your part! Keep it up, please, or all of NH will fall apart, then the US, then the world!!!!!