Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friday the 13th

In case you haven't looked at a calendar today, tomorrow is Friday the 13th.

In some places, Friday the 13th is supposed to be good luck. Or at least the number 13 is, so maybe I'm just making assumptions.

But here, in MY world, Friday the 13th is supposed to be BAD luck. Like the movies. The Friday the 13th movies. Which you settle down to watch and then you realize they are just SO BAD and you are wasting your time and your brain cells are melting, and isn't that bad luck? Picking so awful a film?

Anyway, this time around Friday the 13th just happens to me STEVE'S BIRTHDAY. The bad thing about this is... well... I never know what to get him. Or I know but they don't make it anymore, or I know because he forwarded me an email with the link to the specific item he wants. And I have, in the past, actually purchased computer stuff to give him without having the slightest idea what I am buying. I am probably on some list somewhere for people who order strange electronic equipment in an effort to build a giant machine to control the forces of the universe. Because Steve is probably building one in our basement right now.

The REALLY bad thing about Steve's birthday being on Friday is that Father's Day is on Sunday. The whole weekend becomes about Steve. But I only end up with enough soap on a rope for ONE Steve-Day. Not two.

And I guess what I am saying is that I wish I could just once come up with something so special and amazing and leave him thrilled. Something that will convey exactly how much I care and think about him and love him and appreciate him.

Happy Birthday, Steve!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

happy birthday steve!!

Debs said...

How 'bout this post?!
I hope you have a great weekend.
Happy birthday Steve!