Saturday, June 07, 2008

Slip n Mud

Today was the first very HOT day that we've had. Nicholas, of course, wanted to ride his new bike, speaking of which... I guess I accidentally deleted the videos I made. Oh well.

Anyway, I decided that it was too hot to stand in the middle of the driveway, and instead I hooked up the new water slide I got a few weeks ago. It's something like a Slip 'n Slide. You know - a huge strip of plastic with water sprinkling on it. The idea is that a small child jumps on it and slides to the other end, into the big huge mud puddle that has formed in the grass.

Here's what I learned:

- the plastic will not propel the child all the way to the end unless the child takes a running leap

- if the child takes a running leap, then it will hurt, because the ground is hard

- if the child steps on the plastic with his foot, he'll slip and fall

- water and dirt make mud

- boys and mud make muddy boys

- just because a boy screams when he gets wet in the bathtub, with heated water, doesn't mean he won't yelp with delight and roll around in the dirty, muddy, cold hose water

The boys had a great time. It was worth the bother and the extra laundry. I have no pictures. Which is good. Because my camera would have gotten soaked.

Also, Jamie was not there. This is just a picture from when he WAS here.

No comments: