Saturday, June 14, 2008

One Of THOSE Days

You know those days. The ones that are predestined to be horrible and emotional because the baby wakes up at 3:30 am and then mistakes you for a pacifier, causing you to breastfeed for over an hour straight, dozing in and out, and when you wake up and try to dislodge the seemingly asleep baby from your breast he wakes up and screams for a whole half hour. And you never get back to sleep.

Andy has developed this habit of nursing until he falls asleep, but it's taking him longer and longer for full sleep to come upon him. And if I dare to try and "break the seal" before he is completely asleep, he wakes himself up with the screaming and the thrashing about.

Anyway, I did not have a good morning. I was tired. I couldn't get two minutes without someone crying or asking for milk or needing something. Everywhere I looked I saw things that needed to be done - appointments I need to make, decisions I need to make. Errands I have to run but can't with the kids in tow. Projects I would really like to complete but I can't without someone doing something else first. I was overwhelmed with the fact that I do laundry EVERY SINGLE DAY and that, no matter what I do, I can't get the smell of pee or milk out of certain items of clothing. I was feeling sorry for myself that I have to bend over backwards to spend a night at the theatre - and I STILL don't have a babysitter for next Saturday, by the way. Anyone know any NYC sitters?

Anyway, I ate a lot of chocolate and drank a few sodas and got mack into my groove, more or less. I just need a little vacation. A little ME time. You know. For ME.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I'm baaack...& this was not the happy entry I wanted to read!! Okay, okay, let's go back to square one: You are coming to visit soon & that's good. There will be a sitter found before you get here & that's good. You will go to the theatre & that's good. AND you will have us here with you & that's the best!!! Hurry up & get here, Fleen; I miss you!!!!

Jamie said...

hmmm lemme think of a babysitter for you for Friday.