Saturday, April 10, 2010

Andy's Head

The other day I was waiting for the school bus with Nick. Since the weather has been nicer these days, I've been letting Nate and Andy ride bike until the bus comes. Andrew came up to me, pushing a Tonka dump truck, and when I looked down at him, his hair was red. With blood.

Apparently Andy had fallen and cut his head on his life sized Thomas the Tank engine earlier in the morning, when I was in the shower. I had no idea. But apparently he cut himself, and it bled.

Head wounds bleed a lot. It's scary. Especially when the head involved is rather small and rather blond and belongs to a two-year-old.

Andy had gym that day. I had already told him he was going to gym class. So, two hours after he hit his head, I pulled into the gym parking lot. Even though his head was still bleeding. A little.

I never know what to do with head injuries. I never know if I'm over reacting, or under reacting, or of there is some middle ground I should be following. Do I need the emergency room? No? Then can I take him somewhere where he can jump up and down and do forward rolls?

If someone knows where I can find the handbook on dealing with little boys injuries, please let me know. I would love to have a copy.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

:( Poor little Andy. I hope his head is better today!