Saturday, April 03, 2010

Floor Of Heaven


When Nick was born, I got all sorts of cards congratulating our family. One of them had a baby sitting on a floor littered with toys and blankets. "This is what the floor of heaven looks like." The card said.

There are times when I stress out with all the clutter and the objects that hide my rugs. I got twitchy, and start flinging toys into bins, clothes into hampers, or yelling at the people that are supposed to be doing those jobs.

I forget.

Yesterday I stepped out on the deck to fold laundry as the boys were napping. We had been playing outside, and toys were scattered all over. But it was quiet, and all I could hear were birds and a faint sound of construction somewhere. The sun was shining. It was warm.

And I realized that the mess was a symptom of a good thing. How lucky I am.

Not that I want to keep the mess.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Not that it wasn't a lovely post -- it was. But what the heck is Nate doing in that picture???