Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Face Plant

Yesterday I kept Nate home from school, worried he had the evil thing I had. I was wrong, apparently, because he spent the morning climbing up onto the counter to reach the Easter Candy I stored on top of the fridge, and splitting it with Andy.

Hey, at least he was sharing.

So this morning, when Nick told me his stomach hurt, I took into account the number of times he's told me he hates school. I told him he could get back into bed, or go to school. He chose school. And thirty seconds after stepping outside to wait for the bus I turned around and he was laying in the driveway. Face down.

So, no school.

And what followed was a day full of fighting about food.

Nick refused to eat anything all morning and at lunch. Nathan kept asking for Easter candy and stole juice out of the fridge when I was looking the other way. After nap, Nathan sneaked his whole Easter bunny. It was a big bunny. It's gone now. Nick threw up, and less than ten minutes later was telling me he was hungry and wanted candy. I said no. He then asked for an apple. I gave him apple sauce, which he then told me he forgot, but that he didn't actually like. So I gave the rest of it to Andy, and he painted it on the kitchen table. I gave Nick a banana. He ate the banana, drank half a sprite, and cried because I wouldn't let him have Easter candy.

At supper, Nick cried because we wouldn't feed him a whole Steak, and Andy cried because we only made enough toast for Nick. Nate ate all his food, and Steve rewarded him by giving him some Easter Candy.

I can't wait until I don't have to deal with this any more. When does that happen?

4 comments:

g. fox said...

Easter candy: ruining our youth.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

This may take a minute because I am still laughing. But maybe hide most of the Easter candy in the freezer & only take out a few things at a time? Unless, of course, they have already eaten all of it -- then your troubles are over!

PS I deleted the other one because too many spelling errors!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, and by the way, how is Nick? And why did he decide to face plant?