Friday, April 16, 2010

Heartfelt Apology

Nathan is a funny, smart kid. But sometimes he can be a handful. Like when I'm trying to convince Andy to get out of the bathtub and he decides to pour water out of the tub. Not directly out of the tub, but on the SIDE of the tub, so that half of it ends up on the floor, but it looks like it's an accident. Except it's not the first time he's done it.

Nate is hard. He get frustrated easily and he is quick to yell and blame others for his problems. He's not dressed? Nick wouldn't let him. He's dawdling at breakfast? He told me he needed more MILK! It's all I can do not to set him out on the curb for the trash guys.

But tonight, after bath, I was getting the boys into jammies. Everything was fine. We were all calm and seemed to be getting along. And Nate said "Mom? I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I did."

And there you go. Instant melted heart.

2 comments:

g. fox said...

MELTY. I love that kid.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Is that a squid I see in the picture? Does this mean he has gone 5 days/nights? Was there a celebration & excitement all around, or did you just give in because your heart melted? Whatever. What's the squid's name?